Friday, November 19, 2010

Sam’s Mate Lav

What a perfect time to be in London with a four-year-old who is obsessed with Christmas. All of the major department stores have stunning window displays.

The reviews: Selfridges receives five stars for their kid-themed windows created around iconic toys and films such as Toy Story and Transformers. I award Harrods 3.5 stars for a classic but tired array of lights and baubles. Sadly, Harvey Nichols receives one star – while their window displays are eye-catching, their over-enthusiastic use of tinsel only serves to make me nauseous.

Sam and I travelled into the Fossil flagship store on Oxford Street today as I was on a quest to purchase a handbag. Of course we caught a double-decker bus – the 137. Sam entertained me during the grid-locked journey with an ear-splitting commentary about pretty much everything he saw.

Sam Oxford St

I was disappointed when I emerged from Fossil empty handed, but we then visited Gap where Sam proved an extremely talented shopping companion. I was buoyed when he chose three tastefully coloured shirts and a playful beanie for me, but my heart sank when I was in the fitting room pulling on a pair of jeans and he muttered, “Aren’t they the same as the ones you’ve got already?” Needless to say, I still purchased the jeans and vowed never to take him shopping with me again.

After lunch I took Sam to what used to be a quiet park surrounding St Luke’s Church in Chelsea. It has transformed into an enormous kids’ playground. Sam was delighted, even more so when he made a friend, a little boy about his own age called Lav (your guess is as good as mine).

Sam Playground

In other news, Chris had his last day of meetings at GWR today. So he has now spent a grand total of six days in an actual office in the last seven years. He says he’s glad it’s over, and having just spent three whole days in a row in an office, his well-earned five-week holiday can now begin.

Sam BB

No comments:

Post a Comment