Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time Out For TimeOut

After a frustrating and fitful night of sleeplessness, Chris headed off to Guinness World Records HQ and Sam and I walked to Kensington Gardens to visit the Princess Diana Memorial Playground (I promised him at about 3am that if he went to sleep I would take him to a playground) this morning.

Although TimeOut London said the playground was open from 10am, it wasn’t. In fact, it was closed. Too tired to moan, Sam ate a peanut butter sandwich and found contentment in playing hide and seek in the park and making friends with a few menacing swans.

SamSwan

After a visit to the greatest supermarket I’ve ever had the pleasure to shop in (Waitrose, Gloucester Road) and a three-hour sleep in our apartment, Sam and I visited the Natural History Museum on Cromwell Road to see the dinosaurs. According to TimeOut London, the animatronic dinosaurs are a sight to behold – magnificent, terrifying, blah, blah, blah. Yet, there was a single T-Rex on display, that was it. Even Sam pointed out – not as good as Questacon.

SamTRex

But in the foreground of the museum a carousel and ice rink had been set up for Christmas. The two of us sought solace in a ride on the horsies and a prolonged viewing of the ice skaters. Sam rejoiced when somebody fell over then he begged me to let him have a go. Even though I explained one had to be at least six years old to ice skate he insisted he was “really good at it”. He failed to convince me.

SamCarousel

No comments:

Post a Comment